Join America Back to Work, a weekly podcast, video, and blog series that covers timely and relevant topics affecting the labor market and workforce with industry experts. The series includes recruiting, hiring, retention, employee satisfaction, customer service, background screenings, and more.
America Back to Work: Dave Berk and Juney Ham, Beacon Talent
Elevating Your Game in Pursuit of Talent
Welcome back to America Back to Work, the podcast that dives deep into the world of recruiting, HR, and hiring trends.
In today’s episode, we are joined by the co-founders of Beacon Talent, Juney Ham and Dave Berk. They share their insights on what happens to an organization when they have bad hires, the competitive labor market, and strategies for gaining an advantage in recruiting top talent.
From the great resignation to adapting to demands for professional development, they discuss various challenges and opportunities in the current economy.
Tune in as we dive into the world of talent acquisition and workforce trends with our special guests.
The Effect of Bad Hires on Companies
- Discussion of the cost of bad hires and turnover on company operations and finances
- Insight into the time, costs, and opportunity loss associated with bad hires
- Emphasis on the impact of toxic employees on company culture and performance
Competitive Labor Market
- Examination of the impact of low unemployment rates on the search for talent
- Insight into the potential effects of an impending recession on the hiring landscape
- Discussion of the interconnectedness of economic indicators, job availability, and the effect on hiring activities
Labor Force Participation Rates
- Analysis of the current labor force participation rate and its implications on talent acquisition
- Discussion of workforce sentiment, societal changes, and the nature of work in relation to labor force participation
- Emphasis on the importance of aligning the company’s offering with employee motivations and values
Company Culture and Onboarding
- Exploration of strategies to ensure new team members are a good fit with a company’s culture
- Emphasis on authenticity in onboarding and integration processes
- Consideration of the importance of aligning the company’s mission and culture with onboarding practices
Strategies for Recruiting Top Talent
- Exploration of strategies for gaining an advantage in recruiting top talent
- Emphasis on the importance of a multi-channel approach and understanding employee incentives
- Consideration of the role of culture, engagement, and messaging in attracting top talent
Professional Development and Reskilling
- Consideration of the demand for continuous learning and professional development among the workforce
- Exploration of the challenges and opportunities associated with upskilling and retraining in response to evolving job markets
- Emphasis on aligning upskilling efforts with business constraints and employee values
Pre-Employment Background Screening
- Analysis of the trend of broader adoption of pre-employment background screening
- Insight into the increased value placed on background screening by organizations
- Consideration of the broader application of background checks as a critical aspect of talent acquisition
America Back to Work: Watch the Video Now
America Back to Work: Listen to the Podcast Now
America Back to Work Resources
- Beacon Talent
- David Berk, Co-founder & CEO, Beacon Talent
- Juney Ham, Co-founder & Executive Chairman, Beacon Talent
- Arnette Heintze
About America Back to Work
Subscribe to America Back to Work in your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode. You can do that by clicking here.
S2 Verify is one of the leading, privately held, pre-employment background screening companies in the United States.
Arnette Heintze is co-founder and chief strategy officer at S2Verify. Before establishing S2Verify, Arnette spent more than three decades working at the highest levels of federal, state, and local law enforcement.
He served more than 20 years in the United States Secret Service as a special agent and senior executive, where he planned, designed, and implemented security strategies to protect U.S. Presidents, world leaders, events of national significance, and our nation’s most sensitive assets, including financial infrastructure.
After retiring from the Secret Service, Arnette focused on building the growth and performance of innovative start-ups and SMBs. In 2004, he established Hillard Heintze, a globally recognized strategic security risk management and investigations firm. In 2009, along with Bill Whitford and Jim Zimbardi, Arnette established S2 Verify with an approach and methodology that delivers fast, accurate, compliant, and affordable background screening insights crucial to better managing insider risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.